Vihaan Networks Limited (VNL)
WorldGSM™ is a new approach to delivering profitable mobile services to rural markets. It’s the first example of microtelecom, the re-engineering of telecommunications to meet the needs of rural and remote communities.
WorldGSM™ is fully GSM compliant, so it easily links to existing networks, dramatically extending their reach. But it’s different from traditional GSM in these important ways:
- Low-power — at less than 100W per Base Station, the entire system can be run on solar power. No power grid or generator necessary.
- Low cost — a fraction of the cost of traditional GSM Base Stations; profitable at very low densities and ARPUs.
- Self-deploying — an entire WorldGSM™ Base Station packs into two carts and is easily installed by unskilled field staff who may not be able to read or write. No buildings, power, air conditioning. Just point it South and turn it on.
- Near-Zero Maintenance — update software remotely and perform simple swap repairs if needed.
- Cascading Star Architecture™ — a unique, modular architecture optimised for low-cost rural expansion; with local switching to minimise backhaul.