IMPROVING LIVES AND COMMUNITIES WITH SOLAR LED LIGHTING FROM SOL
Approximately 90% of Africans do not have lighting. A proven solution is solar powered lighting.
Enhancing lives in the community
• Improves safety
• Improves commercial prosperity
• Increases socialization
• Reduces accidents, injuries and death
• Decreases migration from villages
Leading U.S. manufacturer
Founded in 1990, Sol Inc., a U.S. company, manufactures outdoor solar lighting systems with more than 50,000 systems installed worldwide. Sol’s customers include the U.S. military, colleges, palaces, Senegal, Cameroon, Congo Brazzaville, 12 states in Nigeria and more.
Why Sol uses LED lighting
• LED lights last a long time (15 years)
• Bright (5,000K) white light increases ability to see clearly at night
• LEDs are highly durable (no bulbs to break)
• LEDs have more lumens/watt
• Energy savings with 50-70% energy reduction compared to HPS
• LEDs turn on and off instantly with no warm-up period
Features of Sol’s solar lighting
• Longest warranty - 10 years on electronics, luminaires, and 20 years on hardware and solar panel
• Designed for tropical locations - flat panel maximizes energy collection
• Superior brightness - wider spacing of light; lower project cost
• No maintenance on LEDs - reliable long life
• Reliable multiple nights of back-up energy
• No electrical costs - powered by the sun
DESIGNED FOR AFRICAN ROADWAYS
WHY SOL LIGHTING?
• Oldest, most reliable manufacturer of solar lighting systems
• Sol provides thousands of lights each year to African nations
• Factory-backed 24/7 technical support and factory-employed technicians
• Manufactured in the United States - ISO 9001:2008 facility
SOLAR STREET LIGHT BENEFITS:
• Cost-effective: requires no trenching, cabling or electrical grid connection
• Easy to install: minimal technical expertise required; uses click-together plugs
• Rugged reliability: robust design is ideally suited for remote, difficult to access locations, or areas that have unreliable or no power supply at all
• Install and forget: no scheduled maintenance or servicing for up to five years and no light bulbs to change
• Vandal resistant: aluminum hardware and tamper-proof screws
• Eco-friendly: Sol uses 100% recyclable gel cell batteries, LEDs produce no CO2 emissions
With unreliable electrical supply in Africa, mainly Nigeria, we appreciate Sol bringing solar lights to our continent. The Akwa Ibom State Government appreciates the low cost for installing solar lights compared to burning diesel on daily basis with conventional lights. On behalf of our company in Nigeria I recommend Sol and their solar lights to all our industrial, commercial and residential users. Your lighting system operated on the first day of installation and will remain a historical reference project for our Nation’s efforts to put an infrastructure in place.
– Nsentip Akpabio jp, Executive Director
Baker & Mckenzie Industries Ltd.